The flexible software can be installed on servers using a range of operating systems including Windows, UNIX, Linux or Mac.
Highlights of QStar Archive Manager include:
• Optical Media Support – Supports UDO and Blu-ray, with the ability to mix media and optical jukebox types on the same server within the same File System
• Tape Media Support – Supports LTO, with the ability to mix media and tape library types on the same server within the same File System
• Off-line Management – Media can be removed from the optical, RDX or tape library and files contained within are still referenced and available to the file system
• Supports for WORM and rewriteable media
• Grace period and retention management, which prevents files from being altered or deleted to meet internal governance or compliance requirements
• Integral Volumes – Combines multiple pieces of media into a single logical volume, dynamically adding blank media as the volume grows
• File Spanning – Files and directories can span across physical media surfaces, delivering near 100% media utilization
• Disk Caching – Use server hard disk space to enhance read and write performance by serving requests for frequently read files directly from the cache and reducing media exchanges within the library
• Disk Copy – Automatically make backup copies of media that contain data files, either incrementally as the original is written to, or all at once when the original is filled to capacity
• UDF compliant – Write to optical media using the standard UDF file system, allowing media to be transported to other platforms and stand-alone drives and remain readable outside of QStar Archive Manager
• LTFS compliant – Write to tape media using the standard LTFS file system, allowing media to be transported to other platforms and stand-alone drives and remain readable outside of QStar Archive Manager
• Remote Administration – Using the QStar Archive Manager remote administration module, media, volumes, and configuration parameters can be managed without having to physically be at the server
Disaster Prevention and Data Life-cycle Management
• Using QStar Archive Replicator software, data can be replicated to up to four archive storage technologies, using either proprietary or industry standard file systems. These archives can be located within a single site or across multiple geographic locations.
• Using block-based synchronous mirroring technology, QStar Data Director software ensures that data is continuously written on two storage systems within a site or across the globe.
• QStar Network Migrator, an intelligent policy-based tiered storage migration and management software, can be installed with QStar Archive Manager to automatically migrate static data from primary storage on to lower-cost archive storage, which optimizes storage and drastically reduces backup.